Life can get serious, too serious sometimes. So today, when you pack your bag for work, take your inner child with you.
When you start to feel too busy, you’re slammed with emails or endless meeting requests, instead of reaching for another coffee, think about how you use to play when you were a kid. Write them down, at least six, and when things start to feel too serious, pick one and do it! Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Skip. Instead of walking from the car or train, throw a skip in your step.
- Draw. Take the first thing that comes into your mind and draw it. No matter how good or bad it is, hang it up on your office wall. Have fun when people ask what the hell it is!
- Dance. In the kitchen or lift on your own? Then dance, you’re bound to walk out beaming.
- Sing. Crank the tunes up in your car, house or office and sing.
- Games. Take your favourite game as a kid, round-up a team at lunchtime and play it i.e. backyard cricket, bull rush or kick the bucket.
- Tell a story, a story about something you did as a kid. Something you would never get away with as an adult. Better still, ask your colleague about what they use to do.
Share this exercise with those around you; see who packed their inner child for work today.